Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vacation all I ever wanted.....

Where oh where did the two weeks go?? I have been on vacation from work for the past two weeks and it's been good, very good indeed. I am not ready to go back to work tomorrow. In fact I incredibly NOT ready to go back to work tomorrow. Don't get me wrong- I LOVE my job. I love it so much in fact that my coworkers call me "company girl" to piss me off. It doesn't work for I truly am "company girl" and take pride in it. The better I do at work the better I do financially which means the better my family does. I will not be ashamed or embarrassed by this!

Anywho, vacation. I spent the first week at home with the kids, recharging my batteries, cleaning the basement (yes, we have only been here 6 months and we needed to clean the basement,) and generally puttering around. Week two was spent with the husband at home along with the kids. We decided on a whim to go to Maine and spent Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday there. It was a good time, the kids were good, the weather was good and the beer was outstanding. The latter half was this week spent puttering around the house. We had friends over Friday night and had far too much to drink, we spent Saturday recuperating and today was all about Football.
My husband coaches youth football ( how I met him) and his practice season beings tomorrow night. Today was equipment handout. Only about half the kids showed up. Of course, the kids need to have responsible, mature parents to show and this is seriously lacking in our area. Parents- the bane of a coaches existence! Greg gave out a handout tonight outlining what was acceptable and unacceptable behaviour for parents at a youth football game. Let's see if they actually read it. Last year there were a couple of parents who were over the top and were incredibly embarrassing! I politely asked them to please NOT scream at the other kids. Perspective people- we are at a youth football game for crying out loud!!
Back to the grind tomorrow, back to reality, back to basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment